P E R S O N A L I S E D - M O N O G R A M
Personalised Monogram Lighting for Weddings - (Name in Lights)
Create Impact and Elegance with Light Monogram lighting can be an excellent way to pull together all of the design elements of your special event together. Personalised lighting is by far one of the most cost-effective and elegant ways to create a unique and inviting entertaining space out of a traditionally boring or drab reception room. A monogram light and design creates a high impact focal point to the room providing the perfect backdrop showing off all the beautiful work you've put into the cake, flowers and décor.
Personalised Monogram Design
We can either create a deign for you, or work with you to take a design/idea you already have and create the camera ready artwork needed to create your monogram light. A monogram light can be created from an existing design, whether a paper copy, illustration, or wedding invitation we can convert it into a digital vector illustration. If you have a magazine picture or font idea we can re-create it and customize it as needed. The best part is that the design can be used for the light, but we also include a high quality version to be used for invitations, programs, cake toppers, cake designs, and to repeat throughout your wedding design and decor. Creating the Light.
The design is then crafted into a piece of metal or high temperature glass called a gobo. The gobo is what the light projects through to create your image. Each of these gobo's are one of a kind and custom created by the manufacturer reflecting in the cost of these lights but also the quality. If you order more than one light, the costs go down per light. This can be great for adding a monogram outside on the building or in a different location. There are different types of gobo's: metal, glass and multicolored glass.
Metal gobo's punch the design through a solid piece of metal where punched out portions project light. These are the cheapest to make but the drawback can be seen in letters like (A,O,R,P,Q,B,4,6,8,9). If you were to punch out these into a solid piece of metal you would not be able to see the letter correctly so a hanging piece of metal or numerous pieces of metal must be left to form the letters correctly. For some designs we suggest glass gobo's because it allows for a cleaner more elegant design suitable for weddings. The design above is a black and white design, it allows for dark areas and light areas. Another option is a grayscale monogram design. This allows for shading as in the W design. This will allow a small amount of light through the grey area but the full amount of light through the completely black areas of the design. Glass gobo are more expensive than metal punch gobos. Lights Vs. Projectors
The gobo is then mounted into a special holder that holds the gobo in front of the light and allows it to be projected on a number of surfaces. Some articles and sources suggest using a regular multimedia projector to project the gobo to save money. This is a bad idea and does not look professional, projectors do not project a true "black" and there will be a grey box surrounding wherever you project your monogram. Projectors generally are not bright enough to cut through the lighting in the room to adequately see the design. The projectors that are too costly to use. We use HID (high intensity discharge) lights that can cut through a day lit room so you can still see the monogram.
We make it easy to add monogram lighting to your wedding or special event in addition to our wedding DJ services or in one of our packages. Ideas and consultations are free and if you have an idea we'd love to work with you to make it happen. If you don't know where to start let us help you and give you some ideas to work with to find the perfect monogram light and design for your wedding or special event!
Reserve Your Monogram Lighting Today!
Truly excellent service!!! We were privileged to have Platinum events for our wedding evening reception. Their set up is beyond expectations, the lighting was amazing, really enhanced the room.. The staff are super friendly, nothing was to much.. Thank you for all the lovely photos you both took of our special day.... we look forward to using your services in the future and we highly recommend Platinum Events.- Mark Loughlin
- We hired Platinum Music & Events to DJ our wedding a few weeks ago and were over the moon with the level of professional service and DJ's ability to cater for our eclectic taste in music. Tom was fantastic and managed to keep our dance floor busy. My wife is a big 90's dance fan so she was ecstatic with the latter part of the night being dedicated to this. The photos were an added bonus and we ended up with some great shots! Would recommend them to anyone and would definitely use again.- Tom Griffiths
- Really pleased!!!!! After traveling from Wiltshire to Devon, these guy got set up in a very short space of time. Nothing was to much trouble regarding requests. Platinum music & events. Played for my brothers wedding. And what helped even more, Price was very good considering all the traveling on top. Oh and I forgot to mention about face painting that was also provided for the kiddies and the odd adult like myself!!! All set up at the same time... Would highly recommend-Jason Fish
- I used tom for my daughters christening, music dj & peppa pig such an amazing set out, was so impressed having guests complimenting them all throughout, peppa pig was friendly, playfull and the children loved it, I would definitely recommend if you want a good show for your occasion, I know I will defiantly be using them again Thank you so much for all your hard work making my daughters day perfect-Chloe Waite
- Hi. Hired Elsa today for my little girls 5th birthday party. Their faces were priceless as they didn't expect to see Elsa walk in, they were all spechless. Elsa was absolutely amazing she stayed by the birthday girl side for the hour. Elsa done glitter tattoos on all the girls & also played party games. Elsa then finally lit the candles and sang happy birthday before saying goodbye, highly recommend for any Elsa fan- Louise Poole
- Tom was absolutely amazing at our wedding reception on 18th June, nothing was too much trouble and he went out of his way to make sure everything run like clockwork! He stepped in taking photos when our photographer was late and is such a calming influence, which is saying something for a massive control freak like myself! I would not hesitate on recommending him and can't wait until our next event to get him booked!!-Alana Law
- Had a wonderful time at my wedding party. We had mr and mrs game which was fun, the kids had there faces painted and we had the fog machine for the first dance. Tom and his wife were lovely and did an excellent job. I highly recommend them for any sort of party. Plus they weren't too expensive. Also took some nice photos on the evening too. Great job !-Julie Ager
- I just wanted to say a huge thank you for doing my son & daughter's 4th & 5th birthday party today,I cannot recommend you guys enough!You made everything run really smoothly & like clockwork.Also thank you for making sure ALL the 40 kids had their faces painted,even though it meant you ran over considerably.Marshal was the star of the show so thanks for bringing him too!😉I will definitely be passing your contact details on for anyone with a celebration-Emily Greenland
- Absolutely fab d.j arrived at our wedding in plenty of time set up without causing any disturbance,played something for everyone came prepared with some silly requests from myself..Pictures and videos Tom took were a great touch,Tom went out of his way to help me in any way possible leading up to the day sorted out my church play list on cd for me.Definitely a good choice made I will be recommending theese to everyone.Thank you soo soo much for helping to make my day special.much love the new Mr and Mrs Wyattxx-Evie Wyatt